Have you guys heard of a Dump Cake before? Before this weekend, I hadn’t the slightest clue. Saturday, my friend Jessica was reliving and drooling over a fantastic “Dump Cake” she’s had. When I asked her to explain to me why Dump Cake is called so, she did me one better; The next day she came over with all the ingredients and showed me how to make one! She let me record her but I started recording in medias res because I was so engrossed by the Oscars. Oops. Have no fear though, I explained the 2 ingredients I missed. ;)
So basically the recipe is as follows (in case you can’t see the video).
- 1 package cherry pie filling
- 1 can of crushed pineapples
- 1 box of yellow cake
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- Nuts (optional)
1. Dump and spread the cherry filling on a 9 x 11 inch baking pan
2. Dump and spread a can of crushed pineapple on top of the cherries
3. Dump and spread a box of yellow cake mix on top of that
4. Evenly place thin squares of the butter over that layer
5. Add nuts if you please
6. Bake at 350 for an hour
7. Enjoy! (With ice cream even!)
It tastes like a cherry cobbler. I’m usually not a cobbler kind of girl unless there’s vanilla icecream, but I happily finished my bowl.
I asked a few friends if they ever heard of Dump cakes. This was my favorite response.
me: have u heard of dump cake?
friend: no? cake that looks like poo? or…
friend: cake you eat when you get dumped?
Have you guys heard of Dump Cake? If not, it’s so easy you should try it!
Possibly Related Blog Posts (automatically generated)