Mul Kimchi (Water Kimchi)
Making Mul Kimchi or Water Kimchi is so easy.
- 1 tablespoon salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder to taste
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 carrots, sliced
- 1-2 scallion, chopped
- 1 daikon
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage
- Slice vegetables into bite-size pieces and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add garlic into mixing bowl.
- Liberally add salt and sugar and hand mix vegetables. The vegetables should start to react to the salt and emit liquid.
- Add chili powder to taste.
- Fill a jar with the vegetable mixture.
- Pour in water so it completely covers the vegetables. Tightly close the lid and shake the jar gently.
- Taste water to see if it needs any more seasoning.
- Leave closed jar out for 1-3 days at room temperature.
- The flavors should start to mature. When it reaches a flavor you are satisfied with, store the jar in the fridge.
You can use any vegetables and as many vegetables you'd like.Â
- Prep Time: 15m
- Category: Recipes